If you can’t make it to the beach but want to look like you have then use some Sea Salt Spray. This spray creates beachy waves, texture and helps hold those waves. Sure, I can buy sea salt spray, but I’d rather spend that $25 elsewhere. So in true Momasaurus fashion, I was determined to find a way to make my own, using products that are easy to find & after a few experiments, I found a recipe that works.
This is all you need:
- Empty Spray Bottle (I use 8oz bottle)
- Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon
of Coconut Oil
- Fill the bottle with very warm water (this helps dissolve the salt & coconut oil)
- Add 1 tsp of sea salt to the water
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of Coconut oil
- Add about a quarter size amount of hair gel
- Shake it up
- Spray on your hair. I usually spray on slightly damp hair, but this also works on dry hair.
- Scrunch your hair or curl. My hair doesn’t have much natural wave to it, so I actually curl it just a little bit. The spray creates beachy waves vs defined curls plus it helps hold the curl.
Note: If you don’t have coconut oil, you could use a little olive oil but I much prefer the benefits & smell of coconut oil..but that’s just me. Give it a try this summer; it only costs almost nothing & will make you look fabulous.
Have a great weekend,
LinkedUpOn: CraftOManiac, CRAFT
Photo courtesy of http://www.freedigitalphotos.net