With winter (ugh) comes dry lips & skin, but it doesn’t have to be that way. You can easily make your own lip & body scrub using ingredients from your pantry. If you don’t have the exact ingredients, no prob…I’ll include some variations for you. These scrubs are all natural, inexpensive & are a “sweet” solution :)
Moisturizing Lip Scrub
- Coconut Oil
- Brown Sugar
- If you don’t have brown sugar, you can use white sugar.
- No Coco-Oil? You can use olive oil or heck you can even use sugar & water but your lips won’t have the added moisture from the oil.
- No Honey? that’s ok…you can make a scrub with just the oil & sugar.
Onto how to get smooth & moisturized lips:
- Mix equal parts of all three ingredients together in a bowl. Make a small batch for a single use, or a batch to store in a sealed container for future use.
- Exfoliate and nourish lips by rubbing the mixture in a circular motion.
It’s basically the lip scrub minus the honey. I make a small batch, enough to get me through a few treatments. This is what I do:
- Combine about 1 cup of brown sugar with about 1/2 cup of Coconut Oil
You can use the same variations as the lip scrub and feel free to change the quantity…you may find that you like more/less oil. The sugar is a great exfoliator and the coconut/olive oil leaves your skin feeling silky and moisturized. When I’m all done,I’m left feeling like smooth like my baby’s booty.
- For a soothing scent, add some pure vanilla extract or lavender essential oil to the scrub
Pretty “Sweet” Huh? ;)
This would be another good gift idea for the holidays. Just make a large batch & put in a cute container.