WARNING: These are super addictive & won’t fit in with any New Years weight loss resolutions, but they ARE worth the whole 5 minutes it takes to make them.
Here’s the good news; they’re ridiculously easy & quick to make & delicious. These warm, cinnamon/sugar nuts are so good..they’re worth the calories…but all in moderation right folks? (Try telling that to my husband who tries to eat a whole batch in one sitting….told ya, they’re addictive!)
Ingredients Needed (Only 3 required!!!)
- About 3 Cups Raw Nuts-This recipe works well for Almonds, Pecans & Walnuts. I used both raw Walnuts and Pecans together when I made them
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- About 4 Tablespoons of Water
- Dash of Cinnamon (Optional)
- Wax Paper
- Combine the sugar & water and bring to a boil (Medium High Heat). I stir a bit until sugar has dissolved
- Turn heat down to Medium/Low & slowly start adding the nuts.
- Continuously stir them really well so that they are coated in sugary goodness.
- Before the nuts become “candied” & are still wet, I sprinkle them with cinnamon & keep stirring.
(All above steps take about 2 minutes)
- Turn heat off
- I just tear off a big sheet of wax paper, spread out on the countertop & then just dump the nuts out on that to cool.
- As they cool, you’ll see them brown & become candied
This entire recipe only takes about 5 minutes to make & just a few extra minutes for them to cool.