So why do I love these recipes? They cost virtually nothing to make since you’re reusing coffee grounds, they’re all natural so you don’t have to worry about hidden chemicals and they all leave your skin feeling great.
Ok, so how do these coffee concoctions work? The coffee will exfoliate your skin, removing dead skin cells. Caffeine is a vasodilator, which means it constricts blood vessels in the skin. This action works to make blood vessels tighter and firmer very quickly, which is reflected in your skin texture. (Visit Ehow.com for more coffee scrub facts)
How bout I start telling you how to make these….
- 3 T used, cooled coffee grounds or 1 used K-Cup (after you brew your coffee, just save some of the grounds. If it’s a Kcup, just cut the top off & dump out the grounds)
- 1-2 T Melted Coconut Oil (No Coconut Oil? You can use Olive Oil in its place)
- 1/2 T Honey
(I mix with coconut oil because it moisturizes the skin and honey because it’s naturally antibacterial and is healing to your skin.)
-My recipe is easy to modify, the key ingredient is the coffee of course, so if you don’t have the coconut oil or honey, it’s no biggie. Just mix in a little bit of water with the grounds. It won’t be as moisturizing but it’ll still exfoliate really well.
How to make it:
- I mix it up in a small dish and let sit for a couple of minutes. During this time I wash my face
- Gently scrub face & then I leave on for a couple of minutes
(Warning..you’re gonna look creepy with this on your face, so you may wanna do this when others aren’t around for fear of scaring them. If you’re a prankster like me, you can creep up on your spouse while wearing this & freak them out, tee-hee )
- Rinse with cool water
Coffee Body Scrub:
This scrub can be used an an “Anti-Cellulite” scrub (it has the same active ingredients as store bought anti-cellulite scrubs) Regardless of it’s ability to reduce the appearance of cellulite, it will make your skin really smooth.
- Mix 1/4 cup of coffee grounds mixed with a little coconut or olive oil and get to scrubbing.
Coffee Face Mask:
This recipe is not exact, I just “wing it”.
- Combine some used coffee grounds with some milk (I add just enough to make a paste)
- Apply on clean face & allow to sit for about 20 minutes.
As I’m typing this, I’m rocking my coffee mask. I purposely did this while my kiddo is napping cause, like the face scrub, I look a bit like a swamp monster. But you won’t after you rinse it off…promise!