Before I get into the benefits of lemon water, I want to tell you why I’m posting about it. In the past, my drink of choice was Diet Coke..I LOVED it…specifically the kind with that pellet ice…ahhh! A few months ago I decided to break up with my beloved drink after reading about the harmful side effects of Aspartame (some of which I had). Plus, I was spending a small fortune on these ‘tasty’ beverages. In the beginning, it was really hard to get rid of it & not want one when I saw others sipping away. But, like most things, after some time passed I didn’t want it anymore and I still don’t. My main drink of choice is now lemon water. It’s not sweet, nor does it have that fun fizz, but it doesn’t matter for I’ve learned to love it–even more so after learning of all the health benefits of drinking it.
Here are just a few benefits of Lemon Water:
- Helps with weight loss
- Helps flush toxins from your body
- Improves skin complexion
- Vitamin C= boosts immune system
- Supports digestion
- Balances PH (reduces your body’s acidity…look into that)
- Freshens breath
- Keeps you calm
- Prevents dehydration
- Promotes healing
- There’s more….look it up
My schedule is really crazy (aren’t all of ours?) so I’ve tried to find ways of having lemon water ready to go for when I’m rushing out the door. Here are a few of them:
- Make lemon ice cubes ahead of time by simply putting some small lemon chunks in the ice cube with some water.
- Cut up a lemon and put in the bottom of a Brita pitcher, so when you refill it you instantly have lemon water.
- Prepare a water bottle, mason jar with lid etc ahead of time with lemon water.
These aren’t exactly genius ideas, but they do help when you’re in a rush. Regardless of your drink of choice (and I’m not judging anyone) water is good for you..so add some lemon and drink up.